Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

Phone System and Television

Like yesterday I phoned ahead of time twice to tell staff I would be arriving to see Randy at 7:45 p.m.  No answer; just a busy signal.  Security walked me down to see Randy and he was in his bed starring at his television with no audio.  Someone had undone his headphone and there was no sound. I put it on CNN which seems to please Randy.  I then became emotional and walked away from Randy with tears in my eyes. How many hundreds of days has his television not been put on so he could hear it.  Being banned gives licence to staff to just ignore a quad who cannot talk. And a licence to bully a crazy 70 years old woman who is investing what is left of her time to be a comfort advocate for a quad who has no quality of life. Why would anyone even what to care for Randy or even to talk to me...

117814
.

.

Blog Archive