Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2012

" No conversation with you, Audrey."

I attempted to ask a simple question of one of the floor nurses at GPC who had just attended to Randy and before I could ask it, she looked at me straight in the eye and said "No conversation with you, Audrey."  I quickly wrote her words down and am wondering from whom did she get this instruction.  Also, I am certain she is breaking the rules/ethics of nursing no matter who told her to say this.

I am Randy's advocate and no bureaucrat can diminish that function by not speaking to me or relegating me and Randy to a separate room for thirty minute intervals so I cannot see how he is being treated

Randy is a quad, he cannot talk, he cannot research whatever treatment he is getting, he has no one else except me to make sure he isn't being given information he does not understand or being ignored. Trusting VCH to police itself is like trusting the police to police themselves.  Not possible.

Blog Archive