Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Daniela imprisoned by four nurses as her grandmother dies ...

My name is Daniela. I am 46 years old and live in Oregon. I believe my grandmother was killed in a hospital on June 24, 2014. She was in the emergency room for three hours; not the three days the hospital said she was..  The nurse told me that it was time to say goodbye and she died almost immediately upon receiving the morphone. I have the medical records, but there is no notation of any morphine she was given.

Elisabeta KoczurThe photograph to the left is of Elisabeth Koczur.

The last wish my grandma had was for a drink of water. I don't think I will ever forget how she looked at me expecting help. Four nurses in the room imprisoned me and I could not move. I was forced to keep looking in her eyes as she pleaded for water. Why was I not allowed to grant her last wish?

Our family is in shock and is having emotional problems because of what we witnessed. My grandma went to the hospital with abdominal pain and shortness of breath. There, according to the medical records, she was diagnosed to have congestive heart failure, but, when she went into cardiac arrest, they did not attempt to resuscitate her. If she had received proper treatment, she might be here with us today. 

 .
danieladogar@hotmail.com

My Randy was only 57 when he died and we live in Canada.  I think back to Monday November 18 2013 when he was scheduled to die because of an illegal DNR because he was chronic.  I found him gasping for air and I was able to treat/save him; the nurses at George Pearson Centre did not attempt to stop me. Compared to Daniela what a narrow escape I had. In January of 2014 I was banned from seeing Randy and on April 13, 2014, he died.  He was in intensive care at VGH and I was told he had multiple organ failure.  I do not understand this as the coroner later changed the autopsy to accidental: the accident of 2010.

note  ...when a person is dying a natural death you give him water, a wet facecloth on his lips, or a piece of ice or ice chips to suck on.  Giving morphine (a pain killer) will cause slow breathing and if given too high a dose can cause death.            

 


Blog Archive