Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Cruelty Inc.

I just left Randy after I visited him from 1:00 to 4:00 in the piano room at George Pearson Station. When I told him I could not see him until Monday he got angry, combative, and agitated. He kept shaking his head. No. No. No. When the nurse forced the wheelchair into the hallway, Randy put the brake on the wheelchair. He did not want to leave me.

What kind of cruel sick system do we have that treats a grown man with such contempt. I found out today that Dr. Perry Kendall, Provincial Health Officer, is responsible for this state of patient imprisonment.

George Pearson Centre is not a hospital; it is an extended care facility: a resident's home. It cannot take Randy's rights away from him without due process. The due process exercised here was that of a bully visitor who managed to engage other wanabee bullies to cause grief just for the sake that they can do it. I cannot forgive them.

In Vancouver Coastal Health's Workplace and Human Rights Policy it states Step # 1 ... Persons who experience disrespectful conduct or discrimination are strongly encouraged to engage in a conversation with the other person (s) to clarify and resolve the concerns. Although I asked for this, I was told that it was impossible.

.
83,502

Blog Archive