Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1st 2011 weekend

I just got back from George Pearson Centre. I took the doggies for a long walk and I wanted to drop off a peace lily for Randy. In the last two weeks I was only allowed to visit Randy twice. Staff kept saying that he didn't want to see me.

I wasn't able to see Randy today as I was advised by Bob Chapman that staff leveling would be low and they won't be able to get Randy up. Well that was the truth. I spoke to a mobile resident and was told that 90% of the residents are still in their beds as on holidays staffing is minimal and there is nothing to do. Millions of dollars are donated to hospital structures but no one is willing to spend time with abandoned residential residents. No even one staff member would come and just visit for an hour. They could bring the familes and their children could see where Daddy works. There is no community in an institution. Never mind staff, where are all the union reps.

I was also advised by Bob Chapman because of the long weekend I would be able to visit with Randy on Saturday and Sunday at 1:00 p.m. provided Randy would see me. The problem with that is how do I trust staff to tell me the real truth. All staff has to do and this has happened in the past when Randy was suppose to be at a team meeting say to Randy at 9:00 a.m. do you want to get out of bed. Of course he will say no; it is too early for him; and the staff at 1:00 p.m. will tell me that he doesn't want to get out of bed therefore he can't see me. They have a script for everything. Since Randy can't talk he can't initiate conversations. And I am not allowed access to his bedside.

P.S. at the team meeting in December 2011, when Randy's doctor arrived all he did was glare at the charge nurse and Randy was ready to attend the meeting within minutes.
.
90087
.

Blog Archive