Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dr. Stilwell October 20 2012

Greetings!

Dr. Stilwell wanted me to extend an invitation to you (and anyone else you would like to join) to attend the Senior's Advisory Council that she and the Minister of State for Seniors, the Honourable Ralph Sultan, will be holding on Saturday October 20th from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm at the Oakridge Senior's Centre. They will be discussing pressing issues that affect seniors on a day to day basis as well as possible resolutions.
  
I attended this meeting wanting to voice two of my many concerns during question period and even before I had the occasion to say anything a loud mouth in the audience said he didn't want to hear them.  My concerns are pressing and urgent that affects all of us on a day to day basis.
1.  no one should be banned from being with a patient except by court order
2.  DNR Orders should not be sought from patients by doctors in Emergency

I am convinced that the heckler was a plant to unsettle and deflect me from saying anything.  How could I not have seen it at the time.

I have given up the coat of privacy a long time ago and so anything I would say is public.


Blog Archive