Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Flashbacks August 22 2017

I have not been well this past time.  I wake in the middle of the night soaking wet.  This time I awoke thinking back to seeing  the conditions of December 26 2013.  The ambu bag that I used to save Randy's life in November 18 2013 was missing.  I remember asking for it but I was ignored.  An ambu bag is placed next to everyone's bed.  It is standard.  Always there.  An ambu bag is used if a patient gets into respiratory distress.  It was not there.  Randy was put on full code with the caveat that he was not to be removed from George Pearson Centre.  He was ordered by his physician that he was not go to acute (VGH) for treatment.  What is the point of being put on a full code if staff had orders that Randy was not to be removed from GPC.  They initially would not call 911.  I had to call 911.  Upon arrival 911 was very sharp with staff asking why did it take so long to call 911.  When Randy was in distress I told staff to call 911.  After 45 minutes 911 did not come so I called them. Full code means staff is to do everything possible to keep Randy alive.  Someone made a decision to ensure Randy's death was to be hastened: a slow code.  Slow codes are illegal.

Blog Archive