Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2014

Vomitoid

I woke up this morning vomitoid thinking how Vancouver Coastal Health decided that it was going to make sure that I never visit Randy again.  What cruelty they imposed on Randy. 

Recently I received a newletter in which Norman Kunc who has represented the disabled in the BC media say:

I've seen far too many unrequested do not resuscitate orders placed on my friends and colleagues.

So this illegal practice is common and no one is doing anything about it least of all the College of Physicians and Surgeons.

In Randy's case they never had to restart his heart; only give him assist in breathing. And if he wasn't full code, he would have died years ago.

I asked the CPS for direction to where the legislation says it is legal for doctors to place DNRs on patients without the permission of a patient who would surely die without further medical intervention and the CPS so far as been mute on that point.




Blog Archive