Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Czech Republic Rejects Euthanasia

The Prague Daily Monitor reported that the Czech Republic has rejected euthanasia.  This is counter to the Carter decision which said that it is okay to have collateral deaths.

"In these countries (countries where euthanasia is legal) cases of clear misuse of euthanasia have been proved, aimed to vacate hospital beds, as well as cases of family members pushing for euthanasia for dubious reasons, and also unpunished cases of the failure to observe the conditions set by law."

Euthanasia "would be incompatible with the protection of life from the conception until its natural end."

Counties for the people do not permit euthanasia. Countries for profit permit euthanasia.
 ---------

I asked the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons if euthanasia (MAID) was health care or not.  Because if killing is not health care, then they cannot offer it as health care.  The College has not answered me.
---------


The more I am into what is happening my opinion is that the health authorities are enemies of the state. They will do anything to hasten a patient's death if they decide a patient is wasting $resources.  It is called bio-ethics. Bio-ethics is what newly-schooled physicians are being taught.

There is a new book just published called The Age of "Do Harm" Medicine.  My new bible.
 ----------

I was a witness to an incident where my aunt was snake-oiled by Interior Health to agree to a plan of care to which she never was fully informed of her options. I was told that my aunt had already made her decision and she could not change her mind. That was a lie.

It was a repeat of what happened with me and Randy in 2012 that I was to respect Randy's decision to have a DNR. I suspect that family is told this and family respect whatever the snake-oil people sell them.   The family goes away not even knowing what a DNR is. The nauseating part of this is that the family is forced to abandon the patient as they do not know any better.  Informed consent includes the right of anyone to influence a patient to change his mind by offering alternative options. Like, please do not do this as doctors make mistakes. Like you want a second opinion.  Like you want to talk to a lawyer.  Like you want to talk to a priest. Like maybe you might want to talk to "your wife." IUf a patient is intent on killing himself no one will deter him.

With my aunt, I told the health authorities that I could move to Vernon and live with my aunt in her home.  Between our pensions, there is enough money to pay for additional health care.  It was rejected.

The snake-oilers after I accused them of coercing my aunt into making a decision without informed consent turned it around and accused me of coercing my aunt. I was afraid for my aunt as once you are in a nursing home you die there as vocalized by Isobel MacKenzie. You always die in the middle of the night alone and you can be in pain.   And then I was told to leave. Okay I will leave but I will be back in a few hours I said.

I used the hours to phone my aunt's lawyer and my aunt's doctor.  The result of those two phone calls, I was purple dotted.  Dr. Gilhooly never called me back and the lawyer was disturbed when I told her that my aunt did not know what a power of attorney was, the lawyer, Debra Burden, drew up the power of attorney. Her defense was that she had twenty-five years experience and she knew what was she was doing. So what was she doing. She did not even ask  my aunt knew what she was signing. Dr. Gilhooly's office would not give me his email address or his fax number. Because of the urgency of this and the impending postal strike this policy of avoidance is unprofessional. The second time I phoned, his girl would not even allow me to leave a message. So much for reporting elder abuse to those who are to protect.

Informed consent also says that the patient has to have time to consider all options and understand them.  The next thing I suspect what will happen they will declare my aunt incompetent to make decisions because she could not understand things fast enough. At 100 plus 8 months it would be a foregone conclusion.  It does not matter how old you are when you agree with the snake-oilers you are competent.  If you do not agree with the snake-oilers you quickly become incompetent. And who would ever know as such medical information is confidential.

My cousin has bullied my aunt to the point where she can't make decisions for fear of offending him. A relative who put her in a nursing home so he can spend more time with his love interest in another City and is selling her home without telling her. He had to do this to make sure that he got the money as her Will said her home after her death was to be given to her church society. My cousin had no intention of following her wishes. The money would go into his pocket as confidentiality would protect him if he wanted to be dishonest because he does not have to tell anyone anything as he is the executor of the Will.  If there is no property, there is no need to probate her estate. Since this is the second time he tried this: put her in a nursing home and then attempted to sell her home.  The first time was in April/May 2014.

This mess is caused by my cousin and by extension it became the decision of the health authority to put my aunt in a nursing home.  Dr. Gilhooly should have never trusted Allan.  And he should have consulted with me as soon as he knew I was my Aunt's closest living relative and other options existed so that my aunt could remain in her home.  She did not need complex care, so it was not necessary for her to be in a nursing home at public expense.

As a note:  the worst snake-oilers are social workers. It is beyond my comprehension that doctors justify bad decisions based on biased social worker reports.  The social workers behave like they are a secret police force. Anything that can be construed as negative will be written down; opinions nt you can never see but the information will be shared.  Be aware.  Do not trust them. When I went to bereavement counselling as arranged by Coastal Health, the mental health worker knew more about me than I knew about myself.

And make sure no matter how old you are never sign a power of attorney. If you are labelled demented that does not mean you cannot make decisions.  And, think, are you sure you are demented or have just given up trying to reason with your relatives and it is easier for them to make your decisions.

.


Blog Archive