Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Flood at Tellier December 28 2009

If anyone knows how I can get a hold of Dave, the tenant where the flood started, could you please get in touch with me. I have been hearing many things which are contradictory to commonsense about what happened and I must talk to Dave to clarify his side of the events. DERAH evicting Dave without notice and not even talking to Dave over the alledged malicious act only shows that DERAH abused its power by virtue of it being a landlord. There is a directors meeting on January 12 2010 and I am hoping to make a motion to the Board that no one gets evicted or fired until that person has had the occasion to approach the Board in person to present his/her version of the events. Although I have advised the Board of what I know of the event none of them includng staff have contacted me re the welfare of Dave. DERA is suppose to be protecting the rights of the underpriviledged and yet DERA arbitrarily makes major decisions about people's lives without even knowing the true facts. The lock to Dave's apartment was changed and Sabrina DERA's Housing Manager told Dave that he could not re-enter his apartment and for him to go to a shelter if he had no where else to go. All the shelters are full. And to think that I am a member of the Board of Directors. I am angry and ashamed. Audrey @ 778-329-1250; audreylaferriere@yahoo.ca; Audrey Laferriere c/o 75 - 12 East Hastings, Vancouver, BC V6A 1S2.

Blog Archive