Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2015

On my way home from demonstrating last Wednesday, an older Asian gentleman wanted to know as he could read part of my sign, what euthanasia meant.  Since his English wasn't very good, I explained that it means that if you are sick you can ask a doctor to kill you.  His immediate retort was: he won't ask a doctor to kill  him, he would just jump off a building.  I then explained that jumping off a building might be painful and euthanasia would guarantee that he would have a sure, safe and painless death. We were then at KingEdward and he had to exit the Canada Line.

I was just listening to CNN and it talking about Joe Biden and his decision as to whether or not he will run for president.  It seems it is okay for Mr. Biden to be emotionally shattered by his son's death but when I asked for an appeal for time to the decision that Randy's doctor was absolved from putting an illegal  DNR on Randy, I could not be emotionally upset. According to the Health Professions Appeal Board that wasn't a good enough reason why I missed the appeal date. In addition, I did not even get the decision from the College of Physicians and Surgeons until after the 30-day to appeal period and that was my problem as well. The College did not object to my appeal; it was Harper Gray, the dark solicitors for the doctor.

audreyjlaferriere@gmail.com
5976 Cambie Street
604-321-2276
blog: voiceofgonebalistic.blogspot.com



Blog Archive