Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2020

7 August 2020

I just woke up again.  I do not sleep well.  I am not soaking well, but I freezing cold.  I do not know why.  I have tears as I think back to VCHA refusing to let me see Randy at his bedside when they knew he was dying.  I had to get a court order to see him but by then it was too late.  He was unresponsive and I remember when I went to the ICU they would not let me see him and I had to wait over two hours outside while someone verified the court order.  It was surreal.  I still have not been given the egregious reason why I was banned from seeing my husband. Saying that the staff was afraid is so lame. No proof has been given to me to say who, when, how or why they were afraid of me. VCHA method of handling those that love patients under their care is to ban then.  I was told by a RN that it happens all the time,  I remember being told that it was a decision of the team that I be restricted from visiting Randy at his bedside, during the months after, I would ask members of the team and was told that they did not know I was banned.  So who made this decision and then lie that it was the decision of the team.  Who oversees these decisions.  If I was a member of the team I would be furious that some corporate person would be saying these things for them. I remember talking to one of the nurses that I was banned because staff was afraid of me.  She could not believe it.  She said that I and Randy were the easist to get along with considering the demands of other patients and their families.  What did I do that was so terrible that security had to follow me to the toilet and publish and distribute a picture (a picture like a wanted criminal picture) to everyone saying that to be careful of me. I can't remember what was said but I do have a picture of it.  Who did this .My fingers are so cold I can't type any more.



Blog Archive