Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2024

I have had it.


I haven't been very active on my Voice of Gone Ballistic blog.  I'm nearing the end of my life, so it seems like a waste of time. Others can comment. I'm afraid to go outside because every time I do, I see corruption. Not big corruption, because that's beyond my pay grade, but small corruption.

This afternoon, I was given a coupon for Freshslice Pizza. It was a bargain: two slices and a drink for $5.00, including tax. Luckily, I had a $5.00 bill. At the cash register, the cashier quoted me $5.40. I did not have .40 extra. I asked why 40 cents more, as the coupon said with tax. He explained it was the recycling fee.

I looked it up, and there it was: you are being charged a container recycling fee and a deposit fee. I understood that these fees are charged by grocery stores but I did not know they are being by a restaurant.  

But the deposit fee is only ten cents and the recycling fee is only 2 cents.  So why 28 cents more. Maybe they are charging 28 cents for the paper plate.

I accused the young man of dishonesty as one would believe that the omission of the recycling/deposit fee on the coupon for $5.00 was a sneaky way for a consumer to take advantage of the $5.00 coupon.

What Freshslice Pizza should have done was state the price of the pizza slices and drink and list the sales tax, GST tax, recycling fee for one can of pop, and deposit fee.







Blog Archive