Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2016

More Power of Attorney duties

 According to Trevor Todd, lawyer, in BC one of  the duties and powers of an Attorney, is that the attorney must do among things the following (see: http:disinherited.com)


D.  Not dispose of property that the attorney knows is a specific testamentary gift of the adult's Will.

Since Allan is the executor of the Will and knows that my Aunt wants her property to go to her church society, Allan cannot sell it.  The only caveat to that is who is he accountable to.  No government agency is going to get involved nor I suspect anyone else.


 According to Trevor Todd, lawyer, in BC one of  the duties and powers of an Attorney, is that the attorney must do among things the following (see: http:disinherited.com)

D.  Not dispose of property that the attorney knows is a specific testamentary gift of the adult's Will.

Since Allan is the executor of the Will and knows that my Aunt wants her property to go to her church society, Allan cannot sell it.  The only problem is who is going to stop him. No government agency is going to get involved nor I suspect anyone else. He will say, I will never do it and then he will do it.  I still have not got his address in Chilliwack or his phone number. Objectively he is guilty of abuse; he is suppose to be in a position of trust and yet on two occasions he sent Helen to a facility convincing her that is where she belongs and tries to sell her home and that of her late husband's without telling her or anyone else.  Having everyone give him a letter of reference, only proves he is a manipulator.  The point is he is guilty of attempted premediated conversion of assets (theft) and the bigger crime of depriving her of her freedom of being in her home.

The Public Guardian and Trustee should based on the mischief of my cousin put a lien on the property so my Aunt's testamentary wish will happened.

Powers of Attorneys and Wills worked well a hundred years ago when families were close and knew everything about each other and no one would be dishonourable but not now in our generation of no-shame, self-interest, me entitlement, secrecy/confidentiality, who would know.  Allan does not have to explain what he does.  We have to trust him.

I just discovered correspondence that proves that my cousin was planning to put my aunt in a nursing home a year before he finally did it.  Of course he did not tell my aunt that he was arranging for her place of death. 

Sounds like doctors, we must trust them even though 30% of what they do could be better diagnosed.  Trust your lawyer when 50% of them do not understand the nuances of the law.  And if you are not happy with your lawyer because he did not do his job as he should have, you have to find another lawyer to sue the first lawyer.  Lots of luck. Same with doctors, lots of luck trying to find a second opinion or suing them.

For family unity, I want Allan to resign as my Aunt's power of attorney.  She does not need anyone to make her decisions for her.  If he does not resign then for sure he is guilty of something. But then who would know.

The reason why I am doing this on my blog is (1) my cousin should be tarred and feathered for what he has done and what will do and (2) to say how dangerous are powers of attorneys and how easy it is to abuse a trusting person specifically if you are a senior. And the collusion for all of those who are in a position to gain a paid service.


Blog Archive