Search This Blog

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Cancellation/Suspension of an Enduring Power of Attorney cont'd

 I spent time again reviewing the legislation on how the PGT/VCHA could have cancelled/suspended my Enduring Power of |Attorney.  I couldn't find anything in the legislative Acts.  The only one who could have rescinded my EPA would have been my husband. In the "world" of the PGT, maybe there is a regulation that says it can cancel an EPA but there would have to be some "paperwork."  This serious legal issue could be why the Defendant Litigants pushed for this litigation to be dismissed. They wanted it forgotten and hidden in the pleadings.  I remember complaining to the Ombudsperson Mr.Chalke in person about the PGT and he said I could appeal it.  What arrogance. I remember looking at him in dismay.  The PGT can make a mistake maybe by design and I could appeal it. Mistakes by the PGT  should not have happened in the first place. But then maybe the PGT deliberately did this, knowing that I would never appeal it or even know I could appeal it as I had no money and it would be impossible to hire a lawyer. At no time before the Certificate of Incapability was issued did the PGT say that they were going to rescind the EPA by way of a secret administrative court.  


Blog Archive