Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Joel Morris

I was accused by Joel Morris, law partner of Farris and Company, that I had no respect for the law.  I have a great deal of respect for the law otherwise I would not be suing his client.  His client is being reimbursed for his legal fees by the CMPA. And the Province reimburses his client's CMPA's membership fee.  So Joel's client pays nothing.  All his client does is sign affidavits which Joel writes.

Like I said to your client many times for him to tell the truth and say he was forced by Vancouver Coastal Health to put DNACPR, DNT and CCO Orders  ("DNR") on my husband in an attempt to hasten my husband's death.  He also followed the instructions of VCH to have him declared incapable. Why would your client want to declare my husband incompetent when he was dying.

Although I had a representation agreement for health care for my husband, your client and VCHA ignored it.  And VCHA made an Order approved by your client that I could not see my husband  while he was dying.  His death was not unexpected. Doctors know when a patient will die.

It is you and Farris and Company (from where many judges have been appointed) are using legal technicalities to have my case dismissed.

You are playing by the rules but this is not a chess game.  No one wins.  My husband is dead and I am suffering from PTSD which may never go away.

And VCH keeps puting DNRs on patients justifying that they are going to die anyways.  No issue here unless the patient wants to live for a few more days, weeks, months or years...or a few more hours.

- - - - - - -

My computer has gone wonky, the date of this post is March 30, 2019

Consider the case of Ben Mattlin, who suffers from spinal muscular atrophy. In a 2012 column for the New York Times, he wrote of the “thin and porous border between coercion and free choice” for those who feel devalued. On the subtle erosion of his autonomy, he wrote: “You also can’t truly conceive of the many subtle forces (to die) — invariably well meaning, kindhearted, even gentle, yet as persuasive as a tsunami — that emerge when your physical autonomy is hopelessly compromised.”

Blog Archive