Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

18 December 2012 surprise


This is part of an email dated December 18 2012:  A week later Randy was moved from St. Pauls to George Person Centre and GPC removed the talking valve from Randy's trach and he could not talk any more.  I was told because they did not have the staff to monitor Randy.  I said I would monitor Randy and GPC refused.  This is one way VCH hastens death as it engages in psychological abuse which lessens a patient's quality of life.  If you have no quality of life what is the point of living. If you can speak but they won't let you speak what message is that.  What constitutional freedom has the health authority taken away?

"When I went to see Randy at 1:00 am (December 18 2012) he kept pointing to his trach and I did not know what he wanted until the RT came and said he can talk.  He can whisper and you can hear the words.  He told me that I love you.  Randy has so much hope now."

- - - - - - - - - -
adrian.dix.mla@leg.bc.ca    Minister of Health
david.eby.mla@leg.bc.ca     Minister Responsible for the Public Guardian and Trustee

Blog Archive