Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2020

28 June 2020 @ 1:22 pm


Every time I think about what happened to Randy because our medical system is coercing/torturing patients to die, I find it hard to sleep and then finally when I wake like at this hour I am soaking wet and shaking.

VCHA even tells its people how to deal with complaints.  It was and still is on YouTube and I was told by a medical advocate that all lawyers know of this directive. And a wife has no rights.

Delay, Deny, Divide patient from family and convince the patient that it is the best that the institution will be his home for life, Discredit, and Demoralize.  The directive made no mention of the sixth D being Death. This is the state of our health system and has been for a long long time.

And I am living proof of it.  You do not even have to complain, all you need is one staff who wants to be a member of the upper inner circle and she demonstrates that she will follow the veiled instructions of management. To do so a false blame citing inappropriate behavior is created by her and inner-office memos abound so a false narrative quickly becomes the narrative of truth. No one asks what was so awful.

Management uses algorithms to calculate when a patient should not be treated.  The CEO of VCHA is an industrial engineer and I suspect believes in the utility of the dollar. Just ask the nurses on the floor. Even before COVID they had to resort to using equipment designed as single-use and use them for a week or more. Mary, the CEO, was playing a dangerous game.  No wonder Randy was always getting infections. At one time everyone at George Pearson Centre was dying from pneumonia. 

What happened to Randy and me was calculated and I could not see it at that time.

And I can still hear Dr. Dunne tell me that if it was up to him he would not ban anyone and that it wasn't his decision to put a DNR/CCO/DNT on my husband.

The system is so bad I do not even know who to complain to. Maybe there is no one.

Blog Archive